So I promptly made up an excuse to leave and waited for my female Lt posse...there are 3 of us...to do a yoga/pilates session in the raquetball court. It was a big hit and the best thing was that I was so much better at it than they were! You have to understand that I am Mutt to their two Jeffs as one ran cross-country/track for Notre Dame and the other is a member of the Army 10-miler club...so needless to say they are both petite and very fast runners. If we were a herd of gazelles, I would be the one that tripped over my own big hooves only to be consumed by the lion...while the faster two would gracefully gallop away to safety. Well...I got news for them...if we were a troop of monkeys that depended on balance and flexibility to keep our hairy butts in the trees, they would be the two that fell out of the tree only to be consumed by...whatever eats monkeys! Hey, I have to celebrate my victories...small as they may seem...
Still waiting to hear...about my hearing...I think its getting better, but its hard to tell.
Tomorrow is my pin-on party for 1st Lt! Yay...and my boss...in all his cleverness (sarcasm) decided to just bring a black sharpie and color in my gold bars rather than ceremoniously pin me on in my service dress...I think he would probably fall out of the tree too...now that I think about it.
...Jane...out...
No comments:
Post a Comment